Creative Economy Taskforce
The Taskforce will work in partnership with the Office for the Arts and the Australia Council to implement the Government's $250 million Creative Economy JobMaker Package and provide strategic guidance on:
- implementing the JobMaker plan for the creative economy
- practical issues, such as managing physical distancing and travel
- articulating the economic and job creation contribution of the creative economy
- the role of the creative economy in Australia's recovery from COVID-19.
Members of the Taskforce were announced on 22 August 2020. Elizabeth Ann Macgregor has been appointed Chair of the Taskforce and John Barrington has been appointed Deputy Chair. The Taskforce members bring a breadth of experience across many aspects of the diverse arts and cultural sector and are:
- Mr John Barrington AM, former Chair of the Perth Festival and experienced company director (Western Australia)
- Ms Greta Bradman, operatic and concert artist, ABC Classic presenter (Victoria/South Australia)
- Mr Adrian Collette AM, Chief Executive Officer of the Australia Council for the Arts (New South Wales)
- Mr Li Cunxin AO, Queensland Ballet's Artistic Director and former Principal Artist with The Australian Ballet (Queensland)
- Ms Rachel Healy, Joint Artistic Director of the Adelaide Festival (South Australia)
- Mr Ian Kew, Chair of the Darwin Festival and the Darwin Major Business Group (Northern Territory)
- Ms Elizabeth Ann Macgregor OBE, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia (New South Wales)
- Ms Fiona Menzies, Chief Executive Officer, Creative Partnerships Australia (Victoria)
- Ms Alison Page, entrepreneur, artist and film and television producer (Descendant of the Walbanga and Wadi Wadi people of the Yuin nation, New South Wales)
- Mr Paul Piticco, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Secret Sounds Group (Queensland).
- Mr Dan Rosen, President, Warner Music Australasia (New South Wales)
- Mr Chris Saines CNZM, Director of the Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art (Queensland).