The Australian Government supports Australia's contemporary music industry.
The Australian Government supports Australia's contemporary music industry through these initiatives:
- Sounds Australia—helps to develop Australia's national and international contemporary music industry
- The Live Music Office—works to increase opportunities for live music in Australia by identifying and advocating for better policy, regulation and strategy
- Control—a five-stage intensive program for mid-career music managers delivered by the Australian Music Industry Association with the Association of Artist Managers
- Release—a five-stage intensive program for mid-career record label owners delivered by the Australian Music Industry Association with the Australian Independent Record Labels Association
- SongHubs—songwriting residencies in the Australian region, including Asian locations delivered by the Australasian Performing Right Association
- SongMakers—this program engages mid-career artists and producers professionally as mentors to work in schools with Australia's emerging songwriters in an intensive 'real world' music industry experience on the craft of songwriting, studio production and post-production.
- The Australia Council for the Arts administers the Contemporary Music Touring Program which funds Australian musicians to perform their own work on tour in Australia, with a priority on regional and remote locations.