Eight performing arts organisations are new entrants to the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework.
Through the Australia Council, the Government now supports 38 Australian performing arts companies under the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework.
The new entrants complement the existing Partnership Organisations, which have a focus on increasing original Australian work, expanding access to arts in regional and remote communities and driving greater collaboration.
The new entrants include the first Partnership Organisation from the Northern Territory and regional organisations from Queensland, Western Australia and Victoria. They are:
- Artback NT (Darwin, NT)
- Back to Back Theatre (Geelong, Victoria)
- Dancenorth Australia (Townsville, Queensland)
- Griffin Theatre Company (Sydney, NSW)
- Ilbijerri (Melbourne, Victoria)
- Marrugeku Inc (Broome, WA)
- Terrapin Puppet Theatre (Hobart, Tasmania)
- Windmill (Adelaide, SA)
Inclusion in the Framework will provide funding stability and enable these organisations to continue to deliver innovative and exciting performances to audiences across Australia.