Cultural Data Online
Cultural Data Online is a joint initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments. It provides access to research relating to arts and culture in Australia, including publications and data on employment, funding, participation and attendance at cultural venues and events. Past reports commissioned on behalf of Cultural Ministers are available at Trove through the National Library of Australia.
The Australian Government, on behalf of Cultural Ministers, has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) to collect data relating to cultural attendance and participation, and government funding of cultural activity.
Australian, state and territory government agencies
- Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government's arts funding and advisory body.
- Screen Australia is the Australian Government agency supporting Australian screen development, production and promotion.
- Australian Capital Territory: artsACT
- New South Wales: Create NSW
- Northern Territory: Arts NT
- Queensland: Arts Queensland
- South Australia: Arts South Australia
- Tasmania: Arts Tasmania
- Victoria: Creative Victoria
- Western Australia: Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries