The Public Lending Right Committee represents Australian authors, publishers and libraries in relation to the lending right programs.
We are responsible for managing the lending right programs. The Public Lending Right Committee is part of the governance arrangements for the Public Lending Right program and has an advisory role for the Educational Lending Right program.
Current committee members are:
- Chairperson: Ms Eve Woodberry
- Representatives of Australian authors: Dr Lisa Gorton and Mr Steven Carroll
- Representative of Australian libraries: Ms Margaret Allen
- Representative of Australian publishers: Mr Michael Bollen
- National Library of Australia representative: Ms Libby Cass
- Departmental representative: Mr Steven Zorzi
Under the Public Lending Right Act 1985 a committee representing Australian authors, publishers and libraries is appointed by the Minister for the Arts.
Review of Public Lending Right Committee decisions
If the committee makes a decision affecting you, you have 28 days to ask them to review the decision. There is no fee, but you must make the request for a review in writing.
The committee can extend the time limit, but you will need to ask for an extension and explain why you need it in your request.
If the committee doesn't respond within 90 days, the decision stands. In that case, or if you do not agree with the revised decision, you can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for a review.
Public Lending Right Committee
C/o Lending Rights Team
GPO Box 3241
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone toll free: 1800 672 842